The big event is finally here! The 40th Annual Canyon Lake Fiesta Day is this weekend and this year’s event is sure the be the best ever. As in year’s past, you can expect a great community parade along with food and other vendors, ski and wakeboard show on the Main Lake, salsa contest, kids fun zone and a petting zoo. This year will also debut what is hopefully an annual cardboard boat race.
Most of the activities take place from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at or near The Lodge. Here’s a rundown on the activities of the day and a few tips to help you stay safe and sane among the chaos.
There’s no parking starting at midnight Friday until 10:30 am Saturday on Canyon Club, Lighthouse, Yellow Feather, Mayflower, Spray, Smugglers, and on Canyon Lake Dr. between Sloop and Canyon Club. There will be frequent shuttle busses from the East Gate, Sierra Park, and Blue Bird Hall from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Canyon Lake Dr. will be closed to all vehicles from Sparkle to Steelhead from 8:30 to 10:30 for the parade. If you have a golf cart, use it. It is the best way to get around on Fiesta Day.
Events – Outside
- 9:00 am – Fiesta Day Parade
- 10:00 am – Prayer, Presentation of Colors, & National Anthem
- 10:15 am – Veterans, Sponsor Announcements, Dignitaries
- 10:30 am – Ed Strong Tribute
- 11:00 am – The Groove Factory Band
- 11:30 am – Latin Folkloric Dancers
- 11:45 am – Zumba Demo
- 12:00 pm – The Groove Factory Band
- 12:00 pm – Cardboard Boat Race
- 1:00 pm – Ski / Wakeboard Show
- 1:00 pm – The Groove Factory Band
- 1:30 pm – BBX Fitness Demo
- 2:00 pm – The Groove Factory Band
Events – Inside
- 11:00 am – Dynamite Dave
- 11:50 am – Hollywood Dance Studio
- 12:10 pm – Canyon Lake Cotillion
- 12:30 pm – Diana’s Dance Company
- 12:50 pm – Just Dance It Dance Studio
- 1:10 pm – Icon Dance Studio
- 2:00 pm – Homemade Salsa Contest
Weather and Outdoor Tips
- Bring the sunscreen or some sun protection – weather is forecasted to be sunny and 80 degrees.
- Wear your walking shoes – parking will be limited during the day so you may need to trek to get to the lodge.
- If you plan to watch the parade from Canyon Club, you may want to bring lawn chairs and arrive early for the best spot on the parade route.
- Bring a camera – there is lots to see and do!
- Have fun!